Event: The unfinished fable of the sparrows
Sept 26, 2019 11:00 AM – 12 noon PST
In our August ASN:Discussion, when pondering evolution’s effect on a future workforce, RSA Fellow and ASN participant, Mitchell Weisburgh, surmised that iteration is key “we don’t have to deliver a be-all-end-all solution, that isn’t always required to truly bring change”.
Yet, we find ourselves often wedged between those who want to determine every detail before taking step one, and those who immediately begin with the belief all will be figured out later.
Much like The Unfinished Fable of the Sparrows raises this dilemma without providing an answer; how do we carry forward new paradigms, and forces of change, while not being overburdened with solving unknown variables AND be socially responsible.
Join us to discuss:
- Preparing ourselves and our organizations to advance intelligently.
- Factors weighing on our requirement for iteration, and the management of forthcoming questions and concerns.
- Superintelligence, Funding, Societal Adoption, Technologies, etc.
- Examples of society-changing technologies that relied on the ability to deliver upon the above.
Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/862354684
Meet some of the ASN Members:
- ASN:People interview with Philippa Mothersill and Zoe Camper (34 mins)
- ASN:People interview with Joe Glaser and Jonathan Tavss (32 mins)
- ASN:People interview with Joe Glaser and Zoe Camper (33 mins)