This network explores ideas, activity, and research, in an attempt to understand and influence the ways in which society is augmented now and into the future. We, as individuals and as connected networks, can and should have a greater impact on Society’s relationship with the technologies and systems we use - or are destined to use. Meant as an inclusive, considered and open forum to connect, explore and offer solutions, the network’s monthly virtual sessions have focused on subjects ranging from artificial intelligence to climate change, education, creativity, supply chains, values, and much more while leading to collaborative publications, policy guidance, global events and product development.
We welcome all members of society and are eager to make room at the table for provocative and enlightening discussions around what truly matters in our augmented world.
- To create an inspiring and safe place for collaborators and thinkers to explore the impact of augmentative technology on society and the environment.
- To generate real and virtual content that will inform, generate conversation, assist in the development of policy, and inspire others.
- To implement experimental theoretical and real products and publications combining unlikely or disruptive sources to generate new and exciting thought, creativity and partnerships.
- To reflect RSA mission and strategic work to extend its influence and presence globally.
- The Augmented Society Network @ The RSA
Zoë Camper FRSA - Network lead and founding member
Founder and CEO Zoë Camper LLC - a Slow Fashion, limited-edition art-wear tech company, providing flexible work for local makers. Co-Founder of The Augmented Society Network (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce USA) and an Elected Fellow of The RSA. You will find me at my happiest, at the intersection of art and technology. I have extensive experience in business and digital transformation, interface design and innovative uses of technology, and am a practicing artist. I am from London, and am currently living in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada. Contact Zoë
Julie Samuels FRSA - Network lead