17th March ASN: Discussion - Destination: Positive Change
11AM LA / 2PM NY / 7PM UK
Join us in our pursuit of a meaningful ASN program in 2022. We are embarking on a journey of discovery with the constant destination of positive change.
- We have identified so many key themes for this year’s sessions, including,
- the importance of understanding and embracing difference and how it helps us to see beyond our own bias;
- inequalities experienced by many and how it impacts lives;
- imagining a future when humans can no longer sustain life on Earth; • the impact of climate change and the potential use of technologies in slowing down its effects;
- the role of social media in discussions about gender, race, and identity;
- understanding why we look to technology to fix human-made problems we don’t want to accept responsibility for;
- and the use of technology for immoral and/or unethical gain.
The list is huge and all of the topics are relevant, so the ASN invites you to join us on our journey of discovery and share your thoughts, enthusiasm, and concerns.
We want to encourage you to participate in the planning and shaping of these discussions so that we can create a more relevant series of sessions for 2022 and further. It will allow us to ensure voices are heard and provide opportunities for everyone’s thoughts and ideas to emerge.
As humans, we have an innate desire to have certainty in our lives, we at the ASN want to try something a bit different; we would like to challenge one aspect of this certainty, that of assumed knowledge, through challenging and wonderfully uncomfortable conversations that leave us and all participants open to other inputs, knowledge, and expertise. Together we can learn from one another, and partake in a lifelong journey of discovery and positive change!
Join us to discuss and identify:
- The most important conversations we need to have in 2022
- Self-awareness and the ability to choose how to think differently in decision making and being open to other ideas
- Enabling the zeitgeist to emerge and resisting the urge to plan beyond what is useful
- Understanding that uncertainty is key to discovering something new